: Undefined variable: taxonomies in /home/mtco/public_html/wp-content/themes/bones/page-custom-what.php
on line 59
Our lawyers have successfully worked with resource companies, First Nations, lenders and governments regarding natural resources and infrastructure projects.
The following is a representative sample of the work of the lawyers in our Resources + Major Projects group:
- Acquisition of Log Sort Facility: Acted for purchaser of industrial land for use as a log sort facility involving issues concerning historic contamination.
- Development of Wind Power Project: Acted for wind power developer in negotiations with First Nations regarding limited partnerships to develop wind power projects for provision of electrical power to BC Hydro pursuant to SOP program.
- Transportation Public Private Partnership Project: Acted for the preferred proponent with respect to the $658 million road project in British Columbia.
- Social Infrastructure Public Private Partnership Project: Acted for the lenders providing project financing for the $810 million hospital project in Ontario.
- Fibre Sale and Purchase Agreement: Acted for buyers and sellers in negotiating and drafting agreements to sell or buy chips, logs and other wood fibre.
- Loan to Wood Manufacturing Facility: Acted for lender in the negotiation of loan facility to a new forest products manufacturing facility.
- Appealing Air Emissions Permit Amendment: Acted for manufacturer of forest products in responding to an amended air emission permit imposed by the Ministry of Environment that had the potential to shut down the facility.
- Credit Facility for Forestry Operations: Acted for borrower in respect of a significant credit facility secured against the client’s forestry assets.
- Loan for Clean Power Project: Assisted First Nations economic development corporation to secure a $3 million loan from a non-traditional lender to acquire an interest in a clean power project, where most of the security was located on reserve.
- Credit Facility for Clean Power Project: Represented a First Nation partner in a $168.5 million non-recourse construction and term project financing for a run-of-river hydroelectric project.
- Acquisition of Interest in Mining Project: Acted for a large royalty and streaming company in the acquisition of a precious metal stream from a mining project for aggregate consideration of $310 million.
- Asset Purchase in Forest Sector: Acted for the purchaser of four major forest products manufacturing operations in British Columbia for total payment in excess of $210 million plus assumption of significant liabilities.
- Acquisition of Royalty Option: Assisted purchaser in a $30 million private placement and acquisition of an option to acquire a net smelter royalty from a mining project for $100 million.
- Asset Purchase in Saskatchewan: Acted for the purchaser of a forestry manufacturing operation in Saskatchewan for $40 million plus assumption of environmental and other liabilities.
- Asset Purchase of Electricity Generator Facility: Acted for the purchaser of a partnership interest in an electricity generator facility for $10 million.
- Share Sale of Forestry Business: Acted for the seller in a share sale transaction for a forestry business in Nova Scotia for $10 million.
- Sale of Forest Lands: Acted for a forest products company in the sale of lands to a mining company subject to retained timber harvesting rights.
Please contact Jim Titerle to discuss pertinent work experience relating to your business and project.